We’re thrilled to announce the launch of our 2020 Digital Dance Programme. This programme includes; a choreographic lab, creative workshops, talks and a dance film.
We’re so grateful to have been supported by Arts Council England with their Emergency Fund during this time. We’re using this funding to support 20 artists.
The 12 Hour Lab. C.L.I.M.A.T.E
An intergenerational, inclusive and interdisciplinary workshop addressing the theme of ‘climate’. Over 12 hours, across 2 weeks, participants will be led by choreographer and interdisciplinary artist, Rachel Wise to create a dance film in collaboration with filmmaker Ruby Gadsby, musician Iain Paxon, as well as, Researcher and Academic Christy Adair.
Watch the film here
Artist as Entrepreneur: In Conversation with Hattie Gregory & Tom Hobden
Producer extraordinaire, Hattie Gregory, and Artist-Producer, Tom Hobden, talked through thoughts and questions of being the artist, being the entrepreneur and finding the fine line between these places. In the ever growing role of the artist Hattie and Tom asked if it’s at all possible and could it even be fun?
Pop Culture and Identity in Radical Performance Movement Workshop
The Famous Lauren Barri Holstein will lead an intense, risky, weird, silly, inspiring, and demanding workshop for young women/female-identifying young people, which will get you moving, feeling and thinking deeply. Get ready for some weirdness. This event has been postponed to next season.
Through our eyes
Sussex Dance Network have commissioned emerging choreographer Shaquille Brathwaite-Blaggrove to create a dance film. Through our eyes is a powerful, thought-provoking dance film inspired by the recent Black Lives Matter protests, inviting the viewer to see life from his perspective as a Black man.
The Q&A will explore Shaquille’s creative process and why he chose to create a work about BLM. Find out more here.
Grab a coffee and join us on zoom for a fun, free, relaxed, wellbeing meet up. Time to connect, chat, listen and reflect creatively. Led by Stuart Waters (dance artist), Viv Gordon (theatre maker/mental health activist) and supported by Joy Griffins (psychotherapist).
The next cafe is 14th December @ 10:30am. Sign up here
A practical workshop, lead by Angela El-Zeind, exploring the intricate relationships between mothers and daughters. Using verbatim text, and movement, we will be negotiating the complexities present in families and specifically between mothers and daughters, and how they communicate and navigate through difficult conversations.
Sign up here
Lockdown Diaries is a series of dance films made in collaboration with our community and Sussex-based dancer/choreographers. These films are released every other week. Find out more info here
We appreciate that everyone is going through hard times at the moment, we are offering limited bursaries for those experiencing financial difficulty. If you are interested in any of the following events please get in touch via email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining us virtually to connect, move, learn and explore together. Keeping you safe is a priority for us so here is a quick guide to making sure you are ready to work digitally:
- Please make sure you have adequate water with you a safe space away from your equipment.
- Please make sure you have a clear space to work in. Make yourself aware of any potential obstacles before you begin and remove them from the area.
- Please check that all your wires are tucked away.
- A member of the Sussex Dance Network team will be available before and after the session in case you have any questions or feedback or want to check in.
- Listen to instructions, but feel free to adapt movement to your own level and/or bodies needs.
If you have an external speaker then plug this in. The sound quality will be better. Ensure you have changed your audio settings on zoom in order for this to work.
- Please do not worry if people or animals need to enter the room during our time together. We understand the context in which you will be joining us.
- If you are able to, make sure your device is fully charged or you have a charger nearby.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Applicable to all workshops and events booked directly through Sussex Dance Network:
- Our workshop places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Your booking is not confirmed until we have received full payment.
- If you need to cancel, please let us know within a minimum of 10 days before the workshop date and you will be eligible for a full refund. Please let us know if you would like to cancel as soon as possible!
- If you cancel within 72hours before the workshop date we can only offer a full refund if we find someone to take your spot. If we do not manage to do this we will offer a refund to you, minus 50% admin fee.
If you have any queries regarding any of our 2020 Digital Programme projects, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org