The Assistant Producer will assist the Artistic Director to deliver Sussex Dance Network’s Arts Council England’s Emergency Response funded digital programme between August and November 2020, with the potential of this becoming a regular project by project position within the organisation.
Sussex Dance Network is an informal but constituted organisation which was set up to transform and broker dialogue and action within the dance and cultural sector across Sussex that is led by the needs, desires and experience of those living and breathing the reality of creating and developing the artistic work and engagement opportunities that cultural organisations need. We partner with venues, communities, institutions and artists that want to reconsider their relationships and approach to connecting with audiences/participants and explore new avenues for creativity as well as programming independently run programmes, such as professional class. We also support dance artists and enthusiasts through our membership scheme.
About the role:
Sussex Dance Network are looking for an experienced Assistant Producer to join our Management Team, working alongside the Artistic Director, Marketing Coordinator and Intergenerational Lead.
Duties will include the following as well as anything else reasonably asked by the Artistic Director:
- Attending team weekly meetings. Being responsible for the Lockdown Diaries strand of the programme (please see website).
- Liaising between the Management Team and Artists within the Programme.
- Attending Sussex Dance Network socials.
- Writing up call-outs.
- Promoting the programme.
- Attending some Sussex Dance Network programmed events being the representative from Sussex Dance Network to support the artist.
- Sending out and collating monitoring and evaluation information.
- Keeping all information including documents, photographs and videos organised.
- Being one of the personal connections for artists and the community to connect with the network.
Contracted Period: Monday 10th August until Friday the 27th of November 2020 (16 weeks).
Fee: £110 per week @ £10 per hour.
Hours per week: 11 hours (broken down as 1 x 8 hour day and 3 hours to use across the week).
Total fee for the contracted period: £1760.
Assistant Producer Applications – Person Specification
Suitable applicants will:
- Have experience working within admin/producing within the arts sector.
- Be passionate about dance.
- Able to self manage time to meet deadlines and complete tasks.
- Able to use initiative and work independently as well as being a team player and collaborative.
- Align with Sussex Dance Network’s core values.
- Treat everyone with kindness and respect.
- Live in Sussex.
- Have a working knowledge of Canva, Google Drive and WordPress.
- Interest in continuing to work for Sussex Dance Network on a project by project basis.
- Be available to work a full day on Tuesdays and then spread the additional three hours across the week.
- Knowledge of Asana.
- Experience of delivering content online and or in digital formats.
- Marketing experience.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and an expression of interest. This should include how you meet the criteria and which skills and benefits you believe you can best bring to the Network.
Please email: email@example.com
We are an inclusive organisation and we particularly welcome applications from under-represented communities, including, BAME, LGBTQ+, non-binary and disabled candidates.
The submission deadline is Wednesday 29th July 2020.
Interviews will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 5th August between 10:00-14:00.
Job commences week beginning Monday 10th of August.
Photo by Sophie Newton.