Primary School Dance Facilitators
Are you a dance artist who graduated in 2020? We are looking to support two artists into co-teaching after school dance sessions at a local primary school. The selected artists will have the opportunity to receive training and guidance from experienced dance artist Amy Toner.
- Training Session 1 (zoom): Monday 20th December 2021, 19.30 – 21.00
- Independent planning/preparation
- Training Session 2 (zoom): Saturday 8th January 2021, 10.00 – 11.30
- Delivery of session: Monday 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st January and 7th February, Class time: 15.15 – 16.15. Pupils will need to be collected from their classrooms at 15.00 and handed back to parents at 16.15.
Fee For Each Dance Artist: £125 split as £18 per session x 5 plus £35 training fee
Submission Deadline: Wednesday 8th December 2021
Selection Process: There will be no interview, successful applicants will be selected through application only and notified during the week commencing 13th December 2021.
Expression of Interest Process:
Please send answers to the following questions to email@example.com and complete the monitoring form below. This can be submitted in a written, video or audio format. Please let us know if you require this information in an alternative format. Any larger files can be sent via WeTransfer.
- Why are you interested in this opportunity and how will it help you to develop?
- Please send a short creative task idea that you would be interested in delivering.
- Please send a short video of you dancing/performing/improvising so that we can get a sense of your style.
- Confirm that you are available for the above dates.
- Confirm that you either have a DBS or you would be willing to get a DBS check completed.
- Send evidence of graduating course and year.
- Send details of two references we can contact.
- Please tell us of any access requirements you may have.
Monitoring Form: https://forms.gle/3DGPVPU7c7mge8ZS9
We are an inclusive organisation and we particularly welcome applications from under-represented communities.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role:
We are looking for two dance artists who are interested in developing their skills in facilitating creative dance sessions for primary school children in year 2 and 3 (6 to 8 year olds). We are partnering with a school in Brighton to deliver five sessions initially as a trial. Classes will be creative and co-taught. We are interested in working with dance artists with varying styles, from Street, Contemporary, Bharatnatyam to Ballet. There is potential for this role to continue.
About the Training:
In session one we will be exploring class content, positive behaviour management and the use of games as a tool for learning. The session will conclude in participants creating their own lesson plan which we will reflect on in the second session.
In session two we will explore and reflect upon participants’ individual lesson plans. There will also be an opportunity to ask any questions and query.
About Amy Toner
Amy is a London based choreographer, teacher and facilitator.
She is passionate about bringing people together through dance. Her approach to teaching focuses on expression and physicality in an inclusive, engaging and creative environment.
Amy teaches in a wide range of contexts spanning educational institutions, charities, art galleries, arts organisations and independent dance companies including; Rambert Dance Company, Rambert School of Contemporary Dance, South East Dance and CREATE charity.
As a choreographer, Amy’s work has been performed internationally. Venues include The Royal Academy of Arts, Brighton Dome, The Stedelijk Museum, Mediamatic Amsterdam and the Towner Art Gallery.
Amy graduated with a first-class honours degree Dance from the University of Chichester, before obtaining an MA in Contemporary Dance from the London School of Contemporary Dance.