We’re thrilled to announce the launch of our 2021/22 Reimagining Futures Programme. More information to follow shortly.
Souvenir 4 intergenerational dance & film workshops exploring memories & moving for health. Hosted by Kabecca Films as part of the Ageing Well Festival. Learn more
Practising Futures A mentoring scheme for 5 early career professionals; Theo Canham- Spence, Anna Des Clayes, Mike Turner-Lee, Rachel Sullivan & Orla Connolly. Uniquely, the project provides each mentee direct access to hand picked mentors (all local experienced artists) and access to the Next Steps CPD sessions, plus a bursary for practise development. The mentors for 2022 are: Charlotte Vincent, Charlotte Spencer, Anne Colvin, Akila Richards, Stuart Waters, Antonia Grove and Elise Phillips. Learn more
Next Steps 5 online CPD sessions facilitated by experts in various arts roles, programmed with partner networks and organisations including One Dance UK. Learn more
Newman Dance Academy A package of activities to support the development of aspiring arts professionals. Every week we commission a different dance artist to teach the students of Cardinal Newman Catholic School & Newman College. Learn more
Moving Forward Developing the opportunities for our 2020 Digital programme artists & their commissioned work; ‘C.L.I.M.A.T.E’ by Ruby Gadsby/Rachel Wise & ‘Through Our Eyes’ by Shaquille Braithwaite-Blaggrove.
Access Improvement 2 movement sessions by visually impaired cabaret artist Ebony Rose Dark. Programmed with Le Village to explore accessibility needs with managers of LGBTQ+ venues.
Dance & Learn with children at a local Primary School; supporting Sussex based 2020 graduates of dance/choreography degrees into teaching roles.
Consultancy Artist inclusion consultancy to inform Sussex Dance Network’s practice & policy.
Thank you for your interest in joining us virtually to connect, move, learn and explore together. Keeping you safe is a priority for us so here is a quick guide to making sure you are ready to work digitally:
- Please make sure you have adequate water with you a safe space away from your equipment.
- Please make sure you have a clear space to work in. Make yourself aware of any potential obstacles before you begin and remove them from the area.
- Please check that all your wires are tucked away.
- A member of the Sussex Dance Network team will be available before and after the session in case you have any questions or feedback or want to check in.
- Listen to instructions, but feel free to adapt movement to your own level and/or bodies needs.
If you have an external speaker then plug this in. The sound quality will be better. Ensure you have changed your audio settings on zoom in order for this to work.
- Please do not worry if people or animals need to enter the room during our time together. We understand the context in which you will be joining us.
- If you are able to, make sure your device is fully charged or you have a charger nearby.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Applicable to all workshops and events booked directly through Sussex Dance Network:
- Our workshop places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Your booking is not confirmed until we have received full payment.
- If you need to cancel, please let us know within a minimum of 10 days before the workshop date and you will be eligible for a full refund. Please let us know if you would like to cancel as soon as possible!
- If you cancel within 72hours before the workshop date we can only offer a full refund if we find someone to take your spot. If we do not manage to do this we will offer a refund to you, minus 50% admin fee.
If you have any queries regarding any of our 2021/22 Reimagining Futures Programme projects, please contact email@example.com