Sussex Dance Network are looking to work with a Freelance Producer(s) for our ABCD Plan for Cultural Recovery: Alternative Tours of Brighton & Hove City Centre Project
Should you like to listen to the job description you can do so here.
Time Commitment: Between 4 – 18 days (7.5 hours) (leading to possible more work on the project and/or in the future depending on budget)
Contracted Period: Monday 8th November until Thursday 31st March 2022 (spread of hours to be negotiated)
Fee: £150 per day flat fee
The Producer will assist the Artistic Director to deliver the ABCD Plan for Cultural Recovery: Alternative Tours of Brighton & Hove City Centre Project programme between November 2021 and March 2022, with the potential of this becoming a regular project by project position within the organisation.
About Sussex Dance Network: Sussex Dance Network is an informal but constituted organisation which was set up to transform and broker dialogue and action within the dance and cultural sector across Sussex that is led by the needs, desires and experience of those living and breathing the reality of creating and developing the artistic work and engagement opportunities that cultural organisations need. We partner with venues, communities, institutions and artists that want to reconsider their relationships and approach to connecting with audiences/participants and explore new avenues for creativity as well as programming independently run programmes, such as professional class.
About ABCD Plan for Cultural Recovery: This project is offered by Brighton & Hove City Council as part of its support for the city’s recovery plan for the creative and cultural sector (the ABCD Plan for Cultural Recovery). It is being funded through the Welcome Back Fund. The ABCD Plan for Cultural Recovery starts from the knowledge that creative businesses and workers will be at the forefront of the city’s recovery, that we have a strong infrastructure to work with and that there are unique opportunities in Brighton & Hove for our thinking to be radical and inclusive. Participants in the consultation process to date brought enormous insight and experience, sharing innovative ways of working and thinking in response to Covid-19 that we will build upon and adopt. The delivery of the plan will ensure the sector remains future-focused and entrepreneurial, with an understanding of how the operating environment has changed and which skills and resources are required to change with it. Above all, this plan commits the sector to developing ways of working that are more inclusive, collaborative and more sustainable, acknowledging the power imbalances that exist and determined to find solutions to address them.
About the Role: Sussex Dance Network are looking for an experienced Producer(s) to join our Management Team, working alongside the Artistic Director, Producer, Marketing and Participation Coordinator, Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Lead and Administrator.
Sussex Dance Network are working with four artists to create alternative tours of Brighton’s City Centre. The Producer(s) will be responsible for the development, coordination and delivery of these events and the community engagement opportunities that are key to the process.
The Producers will work with an artist(s) to produce an artistic tour that will take place in the city centre in March/April 2022. These tours will be made with and for local communities.
Duties will include the following as well as anything else reasonably asked by the Artistic Director:
- Organising and attending meetings with the artist and Sussex Dance Network team members.
- Being the Sussex Dance Network contact point to the organisation for the artist(s).
- Developing risk assessments, licensing and other paperwork associated with the project.
- Supporting the development of the tour and communicating the artistic vision back to the Artistic Director and other team members when needed.
- Setting deadlines for the artist(s).
- Managing the artist(s) budget.
- Identifying problems and solutions within the creative and development process.
- Liaising with local venues, the council and community groups.
- Being one of the personal connections for artists and the community to connect with the network.
- Anything else needed to produce the tour.
Assistant Producer Applications – Person Specification:
- Have experience working within admin/producing within the arts sector.
- Be passionate about dance and cross-disciplinary work.
- Able to self manage time to meet deadlines and complete tasks.
- Able to use initiative and work independently as well as being a team player and collaborative.
- Align with Sussex Dance Network’s core values.
- Treat everyone with kindness and respect.
- Live in Sussex and be able to work remotely.
- Have a working knowledge of Google Drive.
- Interest in continuing to work for Sussex Dance Network on a project by project basis.
- Have experience working with artists with access needs.
- Have connections to charities and community groups in Sussex.
- Knowledge of Asana.
- Experience of delivering content online and or in digital formats.
- Experience in producing multi venue, site specific and/or outdoor work.
- Marketing experience.
- Experience of managing a budget.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV, complete our monitoring form and an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. This should include:
- How you meet the criteria,
- Which skills and benefits you believe you can best bring to the Network.
This can be submitted in a written, video or audio format.
Monitoring Form: https://forms.gle/m637gE8SPK4ge8ex8
We are an inclusive organisation and we particularly welcome applications from under-represented communities.
If you have any questions or require this information in an alternative format, please contact: email@example.com
The submission deadline is Saturday 30th October 2021.
Interviews will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 3rd November 2021.
Job commences week beginning Monday 8th of November 2021.
📸 Tim Garrod