During 2020 Sussex Dance Network collated a group of experts that include artists, activists, events managers, business people, those in positions of strategic leadership and education to form our Advisory Board; Hugh Buchanan-Jones, Jodie Clark, Kasia Truefitt and Stuart Waters as well as a Treasurer Alex Hagger. They are advising and championing the company on both general and specific issues to further the organisation’s aims. The Advisory Board has no legal responsibility but plays an integral role in the network.
The network is led by the Management Team which consists of Artistic Director Katie Dale-Everett, Marketing Coordinator Alice Leverton and Producers Joël Cottrell and Emma Evans. Alongside them are the Area Leads which includes Isilda Almeida Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Lead.
We are currently looking to recruit a Secretary to take over from January 2021. Applicants ideally will be based in Sussex.
SECRETARY – Role Description
Role Objective: The Secretary will ensure that all Board meetings are minuted, will organise meeting dates and set agendas, whilst maintaining Board associated paperwork and details.
- Serve on the Advisory Board
- Keep copies of Sussex Dance Network’s policies
- Keep lists of Board Members and regular team members
- Notify Board Members of meetings
- Keep records of Board attendance
- Keep accurate minutes of the meetings
- Note all decisions and motions from Board meetings
- Sign Board minutes to confirm their accuracy
- Sign organisation official documents as required
- Notify members of the AGM (annual general meeting)
- Experience providing secretarial and administrative support
- Personable, with good interpersonal skills, intuitive, and diplomatic
- Able to compile well-written and grammatically correct documents
- High level IT skills
- Able to plan and priorities to manage workload
- Able to demonstrate an interest in Sussex Dance Networks work and aims
- To be able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to be strategic and make sure Sussex Dance Networks aims and commitments are kept
- To be able to remain impartial
- To have a flexible approach to working hours and open to meetings at unsocial hours
- Able to support others in their roles
- Knowledge of governance procedures and legislation
Terms: The organisation’s Secretary will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term.
Remuneration: The role of Secretary is not accompanied by any financial remuneration, although expenses can be claimed if agreed in advance.
Location: Online (face to face when safe to do so).
Time Commitment: 4 Board meetings a year and occasional support meetings with Sussex Dance Network’s Artistic Director.
Reporting to: Advisory Board
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and an expression of interest to email@example.com . This should include how you meet the person specification and your experience of the principal responsibilities.
We are an inclusive organisation and we particularly welcome applications from under-represented communities, including, BAME, LGBTQ+, non-binary and disabled candidates.
Deadline: Monday 11th January 2021