Dance Means to me…a celebration of dance shorts by Sussex Dance Network and Depot Cinema (Lewes).
Are you a Choreographer with Dance on Screen being a core to your practice?
Are you a Filmmaker who has collaborated with a Choreographer to make a short film?
If so we would love to hear from you…
Sussex Dance Network are looking for 7 Dance on Screen Shorts to programme within an evening celebrating the art of dance captured through the lens.
Everyone can submit a film, however, priority will be given to Directors/Choreographers/Crew Members/Dancers etc. who are Sussex Dance Network Members (find out more here) and those who live in Sussex.
We request that submissions be made by those whose practice involves Dance on Screen as an integral strand of their practice.
What films are eligible?
- Films must be between 5 and 12 minutes long
- Already made (this is not a commission)
- Fit the theme: What does dance mean to yourself/others/community?
- Be in English or have subtitles
How to submit a film?
Films must be submitted by Friday the June 21 at 5 pm.
Please send the following to apply:
- Film via a Vimeo link (can be private with password) or an MP4/MOV file by WeTransfer to participation@
- A 50-word description of the work
- Credit information
- Biography of lead artists (up to 100 words)
- Up to 4 stills @ 300dpi
- Lead artist’s postcode
- Let us know if you are a Sussex Dance Network Member or not
- Let us know if you would be interested in attending the event to be part of our panel
What do you get in return?
- £50 programming fee
- £50 attendance fee should we select you to be on our film Q&A panel in the evening
Any questions, please contact Sarah on email@example.com.