Have you ever wanted to try motion capture? Well now is your chance.
Aimed at both professionals and experienced dance enthusiasts this workshop facilitated by Katie Dale-Everett Dance creates opportunity to discover more about the technology and learn repertoire and creative tasks from their latest work ‘Playscape: How to Build a Galaxy’.
Time will be spent both in and out of the suits and will include:
- Open improvisations in response to the projected celestial graphics,
- Learning repertoire from the performed work,
- Learning how to operate motion capture.
‘Playscape: How to Build a Galaxy’ is supported by Arts Council England National Lottery Funding, the Newhaven Grassroots Arts Award Fund and the Goldsmith Mocap Streamer Virtual Residency.
- 10 spaces available in total.
- Sunday 30th April 2023
- 9.45am – 12.15pm
- Octagon Studio, Cardinal Newman Catholic School and Sixth Form College, The Upper Dr, Hove BN3 6ND
- £20 for 2.5 hour workshop.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: ‘Play’
- Wait for an email with payment details and notification of a reserved place.
- Complete payment and confirm with SDN.
- Wait for an email confirming completed process.
Health and Safety Information:
Motion capture places you in proximity to magnets or components that emit radio waves, which could affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers, hearing aids and defibrillators. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use these devices without first consulting your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device. We recommend seeing a doctor before engaging in motion capture if you believe you may be at increased risk from radiation, for example if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition.
Photo by Rosey Mich
Date(s) - Sunday 30 April, 2023
9:45am - 12:15pm