Are you interested in working outside of traditional dance settings? In finding common ground through different ages? In bringing an anarchic edge to questions of how the human body can interact with public space?
Building on the successful Intergenerational Masterclass series, Sussex Dance Network offer up to 12 participants with contemporary dance experience (over 18, no upper limit) the opportunity to co-create a piece for performance in the Sussex Dance Network Dance Trail, part of Brighton Fringe Festival in May 2019.
For twelve hours over three sessions, twelve dancers of all ages will explore the rich possibilities offered by the theme of this year’s Dance Trail ‘Inside Outside’. Choreographer Virginia Farman will guide and shape a movement exploration. Dancers will find common ground through their different ages and physicalities, bringing an anarchic edge to questions of how the human body can interact with public space.
- Session 1: Saturday April 27 11-3pm
- Session 2: Saturday May 11, 11-3pm
- Session 3: Sunday May 12, 11-3pm
The Dance Trail Performances are:
- Saturday 18 May starts 4pm
- Sunday 19 May starts 1pm
- Rehearsals are at Hove Studios (behind Hove Station)
- The Dance Trail meets at Bartholomew’s Church Brighton, from where the trail continues along Brighton Greenway.
You will need to be available for all rehearsal and performance dates.
Interested in taking part? Contact Lisa Sang via firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Date(s) - Saturday 27 April, 2019