Creative Dance Club Assistant
Are you a dance artist based in Sussex who graduated in recently? We are looking to support a new dance artist to develop their teaching skills by offering an assistant role within our Creative Dance Club. The selected artist will have the opportunity to work with Chloe Snelgrove who has been teaching the class since the start!
- Weekly pre-class read of lesson plan.
- Delivery of classes: 15.00 – 16.30
September: 26th 2022
October: 3rd, 10th, 17th & 31st 2022
November: 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th 2022
December: 5th 2022
Fee For Dance Assistant: £200 split as £20 per session x 10
Submission Deadline: Tuesday 20th September 2022
Selection Process: There will be an informal conversation on Wednesday 21st of September. Successful applicants will be notified on Thursday 22nd of September. Applications will be reviewed by Chloe and SDN’s Artistic Director. All applicants must have a DBS and their own PL Insurance.
Expression of Interest Process:
Please send answers to the following questions to email@example.com and complete the monitoring form below. This can be submitted in a written, video or audio format. Please let us know if you require this information in an alternative format. Any larger files can be sent via WeTransfer.
- Why are you interested in this opportunity and how will it help you to develop?
- Please send a short video of you dancing/performing/improvising so that we can get a sense of your style.
- Confirm that you are available for the above dates.
- Confirm that you either have a DBS and PL insurance.
- Send details of two references we can contact.
- Please tell us of any access requirements you may have.
We are an inclusive organisation and we particularly welcome applications from under-represented communities.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role:
We are looking for a dance artists who is interested in developing their skills in facilitating creative dance sessions for primary school children in year 1 and 2. We are partnering with a school in Brighton to deliver ten sessions, which we do most terms. Classes will be creative. We are interested in working with dance artists with varying styles, from Street, Contemporary, Bharatnatyam to Ballet. There is potential for this role to continue.