We need communications and PR whizzes to help with our Dance Trail event in Brighton Festival Fringe 2020.
The Dance Trail is Sussex Dance Network’s showcase for new work pushing boundaries. Six short performances in unusual places on the streets of Brighton during the Brighton Fringe festival in May. An exciting platform for connecting with audiences outside of the traditional theatre settings.
The performances are on Saturday 23 May (4-5pm) and Sunday 24 May (1-2pm) but we need help from the beginning of March until June so we can really get our message to the right people. You wouldn’t need to commit long-term.
Sussex Dance Network is led by artists working in contemporary dance and choreography across disciplines and formats. We exist to connect through dance, to support new ideas, and to create opportunities for dance artists and enthusiasts to realise their potential, whatever stage of their career.
Sussex Dance Network is led by artists for artists, supporting each other at every stage in our careers, and providing opportunities for dance training, creation and performance. We are building a strong vision for the future: to connect through dance, to support new ideas, and to create opportunities for dance artists and enthusiasts to realise their potential. We are committed to creating exciting dance experiences for everybody through high quality opportunities to connect.
What you might do
- Maintain and monitor Sussex Dance Network social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Edit and update the website and implement digital and social media communication campaigns
- Contribute to campaign planning, goals, and opportunities
- Assist the management team in planning and booking the distribution of publicity material through email campaigns and social media
Skills you might have
- Enthusiasm for contemporary dance
- Experience of using a range of social media services
- Ability to write good copy
- Ability to work as part of a team, and willing to use own initiative.
- Be able to work to deadlines
- It would be great if you some knowledge of website content management systems, and photoshop.
What we can offer
- Mentoring support from an experienced professional
- We will pay reasonable expenses, (subject to agreement/invoice)
- We have found our volunteers have been able to use their experience to support a career in dance marketing and communications, which repays their commitment to the Network.